Thursday, January 20, 2011

February session on Sunday the 27th

Hi All,

Here we are again with a games day almost there that if everything goes well might be the best so far a number of participants! That is a great news for me and I hope for the other members too. Thanks to Brian we might have found three local players one of whom is a collector, painter and player of 15MM historical miniatures.  He could be the missing link between the foreign community and the Japanese community of gamers.

Thanks to Dave, who has kindly posted an ad on a website, we might get more players, also thanks to the fact that we started playing Dungeons & Dragons with miniatures and little 3D walls.

Undoubtedly the popularity of the game has helped to fine new blood for the club, but it shows to my relief that a lot of people are prepared to play games.

So the future looks bright!

I booked the room for February too and the games day will be on Sunday the 27th, I still have to check which room it will be in, but if I remember well it should be a larger room.

Recently thanks to Marco’s idea we thought of renting the workshop room in order to run some handcraft focused events to share knowledge of painting techniques and whatever related to the hobby, so any comment on this will be appreciated.

That’s it for now I am looking forward to play on Sunday!

-Giovanni

10 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I am looking forward to January 23 of game meetings.To Dear West Tokyo Wargamers

    by SADA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inviting to West Tokyo Wargamers.
    Let's make it to a happy game meetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your club is really flourishing!
    Good stuff,
    Look forward to seeing many cool looking games.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.
    Thank you for yesterday.
    Moreover, I would like to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    I am Lawrence Ho of The Hong Kong Society of Wargamers. Just say Hi to a fellow wargaming club in Asia. Our website is: www.hksw.org
    Should you guys visit Hong Kong, please let us know.
    My email address is: lorryjin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey That's me!! I consider the HKSW as our older brothers! and part of the idea of starting a club really came from you guys! Thank you! I really had a good time, and I am looking forward to play more and more! Thank you all for joining us and for keeping a nice and relaxed atmosphere at the club.
    Giovanni

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok, I've got orcs, skeletons, ghouls and maybe goblins if I manage to finish them.

    ReplyDelete