Yesterday I went to pay the room for November (I will confirm the date as I am writing without having checked) and we discovered that from January 2013 the Tama City town hall has decided to rise the prices for the rental of the rooms, that means that we are passing from our 2000 yen to 3300 yen per day.
We have just the minimum number of gamers to allow us paying the room, so if anybody ever decide that they are going back to their country we go back to square 1! We need to recruit new members!!!
In the mean time I have been painting like mad, and I have a lot of projects going on at the same time.
Starting with some terrain, I have finished basing some trees on CDRs. I managed to make 4, it was fairly easy so I might do some more as time goes by, but having 4 it's good enough to start with.
|Based with plaster and dry brushed, They still need flock but I do not know which to use.|
I have been painting the dreaded Gale Force Nine pre-painted (crap!) river. The molding is good so if repainted it should look OK. I started base coating it with some Citadel Skull White spray. I decided to make the river brown/sand following our terrain expert Pete advise. I wanted a lasting paint coat so I bought some Lacca paint from Gunze Sangyo.
It was the first time for me to try Lacca paints, and I found it really strange to work with. They are considerably thicker than the regular Tamiya paint and they do not dilute easily with paint thinner.
The result is that if you get the right amount of thinner you can easily spray them with your air brush, but if you mess the balance between thinner and paint, the mix is so think that it won't go through the nozzle easily. I am still puzzled, but the final result is a very tough coat of paint which is exactly what I was looking for as these terrain pieces will be carried back and forth to the gaming days.
I have also bought some aquarium plants to use as African tall grass for my far in the future project of Darkest Africa games.
|Plastic plants based and lightly sprayed with brown can become great terrain pieces.|
Last but not least I started applying the base colours to my Prussian battalion of Prince August miniatures. I am really pleased with the miniatures themselves as they have a very old schools Charles Grant feel, but they have enough details to make them fun to paint. I am just starting so we will see what comes out of them.
|So far they all have a blue jacket, 4 of them have it green and almost all of them have grey trousers.|